Want to lock certain apps on your phone? Some apps contain a lot of private information that you may like to secure. Read on and learn how to lock selected apps on your Android phone.
How to enable Guest Account on Android Oreo and Pie
A guest account works the same as the normal account. Though, the installed applications will be separate in the guest account. Create a guest account by enabling it in your Android Oreo or Pie device through these steps:
1. Open the Settings app in your device and visit the System option over there.
2. Then, select Advanced and tap on Multiple users option after choosing the same.
3. Tap on the Guest option for switching the account or go to the gear icon to allow phone calls.
4. If you wish to receive the incoming calls with your guest account, enable it from the Turn on phone calls section.
5. Tap the OK button when it prompts on display.
6. You can even open the guest account from the notification panel.
7. Tap the user icon on the lower right side of the screen and then the Guest option for switching to a guest account.
How to enable Guest Account on Android Nougat
Allowing guest account on Android Nougat is easy. Follow these instructions:
1. Open Settings in your phone, go to Cloud and account option and then choose Users.
2. Now, tap on Guest tab.
3. You can also swipe down to see the notification and enable Guest account from there.
Locking apps with Samsung’s Secure Folder
Samsung’s Secure Folder is an ideal app to lock the desired apps in your Android phone. It comes pre-installed on various Samsung devices, though you can also install it from the Play Store if it is not already there in your device. Your device needs to be running Android 7 or the latest version to use this app. Here are the steps to lock apps with the use of Secure Folder:
1. Go to Settings, and choose the Lock screen and security option.
2. Select Secure Folder from there.
3. Now, tap on the Lock type option, and then Select lock type option.
4. Choose either pin or password or any other security option and confirm after selecting.
5. Visit the app drawer in your phone and tap on Secure Folder option.
6. Then, tap the Add apps option.
7. Choose the apps that you add in the Secure Folder apps and tap on Add option after selecting.
8. The top left part of your screen will have the Lock option. Tap on it.
9. You will see the message that your Secure Folder is locked and will be asked to enter the security option to unpin.
How to use third-party apps for locking apps on Android
There are plenty of apps available on the app store for securing your apps. Few of the best apps are App Lock, Security Master, and Norton App Lock. These apps only ask you to allow a few permissions to work smoothly.
Steps to install Norton App Lock on Android
Norton is known for its best security programs. The Norton App lock is another excellent security tool for Android. It supports Android device running on Android 4.1 and higher versions. Use the steps given below to protect your apps and private files on your Android phone:
1. Launch the Google Play Store in your Android device and install Norton App Lock from there.
2. After installing, tap the OPEN button.
3. Move ahead with the process by tapping Agree & Launch and then OK.
4. You will see the option ‘Allow display over other apps,’ enable it.
5. Now, tap on Setup and then Norton App Lock Service.
6. Allow the Use service option and again touch the OK option.
7. Enter the asked security option and confirm it one providing once.
8. Select the Choose Google Account option and connect your Google accounting for password resetting purpose.
9. Go ahead with the process by clicking the Continue button and touch the lock present next to apps to protect them.
10. After tapping the lock option, only you can open it with the set security option.
Karen Minton is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding norton.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.