As wireless routers has just one IP address and the wireless clients can not be connected to it directly via the NAT process, one can call the wireless router a firewall. Let’s explore the process of disabling the wireless router firewall.
How to Find the Router’s IP Address on Windows PC?
• Launch the Start menu.
• Enter cmd into the Start menu.
• You have to right-click on the Command Prompt option.
• Press on the Run as administrator option.
• Tap on the Yes button.
• Enter ipconfig / all into the Command Prompt window.
• Click on the Enter button.
• Find the “Default Gateway” IP address. It is located below the “Wireless LAN Adapter Wi-Fi” title. You will get the IP address to the right-hand side of the screen.
• The IP address looks like 22.214.171.124.
• Now, you have to type the IP address of the Wi-Fi router.
How to Find the Router’s IP Address on Mac?
• Press on the Apple symbol. It is located in the upper left-hand side of the Mac display. After clicking on this symbol, it will open the Apple menu window.
• Press on the System Preferences option. You will get this option near the upper side of the pull-down Apple menu.
• Press on the Network button. It resembles a violet, round shape symbol given in the third column.
• Press on the Advanced button. You will get this near the end right-hand column of the screen.
• Tap on the TCP/IP option. It is located at the upper side of the Advanced screen.
• Find the “Router” IP address. You will get the IP address number near to the “Router” on this webpage.
• You will get the IP address number something just like this: 136.357.2.9
• After that, type the IP address of the Wi-Fi router.
How to Turn Off the Router’s Firewall?
• Type the IP address of the Wi-Fi router into the browsing software. Press on the address box given at the end of the browsing software.
• Enter the “Default Gateway” or “Router” IP address.
• Tap on the Enter button for the Windows PC users.
• Click on the Return button for Mac users.
• Type the password of the Wi-Fi router.
• Find and press on the Advanced settings button.
• Find and tap on the Firewall button.
• Press on the Disable button.
• Tap on the OK button.
Kellie minton is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.