You must know that Microsoft provides a whole new web browser to the Windows users while launching Windows 10. The name of that browser is Microsoft Edge. It is considered as a fast and lightweight browser, but you can change it if you want. The method of changing the Windows 10 default browser is given below for you.
Through using the Settings app
1. Go to the Start section and choose the ‘gear’ icon from the there.
2. You will visit the Settings app on your Windows 10 device.
3. Choose Apps option now.
4. Then, move ahead with the process by selecting the Default apps option.
5. Keep scrolling down till you see the Web browser option.
6. Click on the default browser that is featured there.
7. Choose the desired new browser from the list of options on your screen.
Through Microsoft Edge
1. Go to the top right section of your Microsoft Edge browser and click on the icon that has three dots.
2. From the available options, choose Settings.
3. Now, click on the Change my default option right below Default browser in the General panel.
4. You will go to the Settings app. Click on Web browser option shown over there.
5. Then, choose the ideal browser that you wish to use accordingly.
Through Google Chrome
1. Find the three-dot icon in the Google Chrome browser and click on it.
2. Next, select Settings from the drop-down menu on the screen. You can even type in chrome://settings in the URL bar to go directly to the settings section.
3. Point the mouse below to see the Default browser option.
4. You will see the Make Default button next to it, click on the same button.
5. In the Settings app, the Web browser option will be there for you. Click on the available option to change the browser.
6. Various web browsers will be displayed to you, select the ideal one for you.
Through Mozilla Firefox
1. Go to the top right side in the Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the icon with three horizontal lines.
2. Next, choose Options from the available menu. You can go directly to the dedicated page by entering “about:preferences” in the address bar.
3. You will see General Page on the screen and the Make default option in the middle. Click on it.
4. From the Settings app, click on the browser available under the Web browser section.
5. Click on any new browser to make the default browser of your Windows 10 PC.
1. Launch the Opera web browser and go to the left section. You will see the red-colored Opera logo, click on that logo.
2. Under the Developer option, in the displayed drop-down menu, there will be the Settings option. Click over there.
3. Now, go the Default browser option and hit the Make default button.
4. In the Settings app, find the Web browser option and click on the browser displayed.
5. There will be various browsers in the pop-up window, choose the best one according to you.
1. Open the Vivaldi browser and visit the top left section of the browser to click on the Vivaldi logo.
2. Select Tools option from the shown menu and then Settings.
3. Find the Set as Default option over there in the Vivaldi Settings General display window.
4. Go to the Web browser section available in the Settings app.
5. Hit the current chosen browser to select a new one from the list.
In this way, you can easily replace the default browser in your Windows 10 computer!
Related Article :
Kellie minton is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.